Saturday, November 28, 2009

Completion of Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the American Meal--by Eric Schlosser

Having completed the book (over Thanksgiving), I am repulsed by fast food, from the production to the selling of it. Would you eat one of those big macs after reading that employees at meat plants spit on the floor and pick up dropped meat off the floor and return it to the production line? After reading this fact, I almost threw up. This book has 99.9% dissuaded me from eating at fast food restaurants from now on. These chains do not complete yearly health checkups by the federal government. The surveys are so rarely completed that in a span of ten years, a salmonella outbreak could occur and sicken thousands of people. These food chains are the most dishonest and manipulative businesses I have seen; they will do whatever means necessary to make money. They sicken me.

In the future, I hope the government will severely crack down on these corporations and curb the unscrupulous and dirty habits of the businesses and bring the fast food industry into the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment